- How do I ignore text like quotations or references?
- How do I download a PDF report of my results?
- Is Copyleaks able to check if source code has been plagiarized?
- How can I create a new scan profile?
- What is the difference between Textual mode and Rich text?
- How can I compare two documents against one another?
- What is a character replacement error?
- How do I create folders?
- What is a suspected hidden text error?
- How can I find out how many pages have been used?
Copyleaks for Institutions
What is a suspected hidden text error?
A suspected hidden text error will appear when our system detects that there are possible "white" characters placed throughout the text. We suspect that white characters are put in the text in order to hide possible cheating.
To the naked eye, these characters are undetectable but when it is in a txt format our system can find characters that do not belong. This is a common technique used to disguise plagiarism.
This can be caused by very small changes with the text or even images throughout the block of text.
How to Check if There is Hidden Text
We recommend checking the document and inspecting the text that has been identified as hidden. This can be done by viewing the text in a .txt format. You can review the .txt format against the visual file (ie .doc) and see if there are any discrepancies.