- How do I ignore text like quotations or references?
- How do I download a PDF report of my results?
- Is Copyleaks able to check if source code has been plagiarized?
- How can I create a new scan profile?
- What is the difference between Textual mode and Rich text?
- How can I compare two documents against one another?
- What is a character replacement error?
- How do I create folders?
- What is a suspected hidden text error?
- How can I find out how many pages have been used?
Copyleaks for Institutions
What is a character replacement error?
If you see an alert that says "Suspected Character Replacement" this is because our system has detected possible character replacement within the text.
This happens when a foreign character is used in place of what we would consider a letter in the Latin alphabet.
This is a common technique people use when trying to submit an assignment that is nearly identical but they have replaced some letters throughout the text.
We recommend checking the document and inspecting the text that has text with different characters that do not match the rest of the text.