Integration Setup for Admins
Create App Registration
If you do not already have a Copyleaks account you can go to https://app.copyleaks.com/signup and create an account.
Go to https://lti.copyleaks.com and log in using your Copyleaks email and password details.
When you first log in, you will be prompted to the Integration Setup page. Select Moodle :
Enter the registration name, then click on Generate Secrets
- After successfully creating the registration you will get Key and Secret , copy them as we are going to use them on Moodle later on.
- Note: For every environment (testing, staging, production) you will need to create a new Key and Secret
- The registration name will only be used on the Copyleaks website.
- You can always find your registrations on this page
Setting up the plugin in Moodle
Download Copyleaks plugin from Moodle marketplace.
Log into Moodle as an Administrator.
Before installing the plugin, we need to make sure you have the plagiarism plugins enabled on your environment, to do so please go to Site administration , search for plagiarism and enabled it
On the left panel of Moodle, select the Site administration > Plugins > Install plugins
Install the plugin
- ZIP package: Choose your copyleaks.zip file
- Plugin type: Choose Plagiarism Plugin
- Rename the root directory: copyleaks
Go back to Site administration > Plugins and scroll down to Plagiarism section and select Copyleaks plagiarism plugin
Configure the plugin using the Key and Secret that you generated on the Copyleaks dashboard
The Cheat Detection setting now includes our AI Content Detector. To learn more about what a result will look like visit our page here.
Setting up the Instructor Only Tool
The Instructor only tool enables instructors to scan files or copy and pasted content for plagiarism outside of an assignment. The tool is helpful for late submissions, discussion board posts, and your own class materials. Below the upload window, instructors can view the similarity score of their uploads at a glance and view the interactive report by simply clicking on the score.
See our Help Article here for a Setup walkthrough.
On Moodle Site administration > Plugins > Plagiarism > Copyleaks plagiarism plugin , Logs tab, you will be able to see error logs that is coming from the plugin, in case of any issues, this is the first place to check.
If a student uploads multiple versions of a document to the same assignment, we will NOT compare to their previous submissions. For example, if a student uploads Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of a document, we will NOT scan Version 3 against Version 1 and Version 2. However, if the student has uploaded this document to a different assignment, it will be compared. For example, if the assignment is uploaded to English 101 and History 101, we will compare the two against one another.
When Duplicating / Importing / Copying an assignment, the assignment Copyleaks configuration settings will NOT be copied into the new assignment. The plugin default settings will be set.
Deleting the registration from the Copyleaks dashboard will shut down the tool and will automatically be deleted after 2 months. This action can be cancelled on the registration management page.
- For ease in identifying the origin of copied content in cases of internal cheating we recommend enabling the Show student information in results setting. When enabled, instructors and admins will now have the ability to quickly and clearly see in the results of the report:
1. The date & time of submission for the detected result.2. The user's email or username who submitted the detected result.3. The user's full name.4. The assignment name.5. The course name.
Please note, students will need to agree to a new field when submitting their assignment. See below.
***To ensure this new functionality is available you'll need to install the new version here: https://moodle.org/plugins/plagiarism_copyleaks/versions ***